Sunday, March 27, 2016

All Access Sneakers Adds Two New Writers!

Here at All Access Sneakers, the blog is mainly ran by me, Michael Peyton. However, for a while, I have considered about how busy I am getting. That the school for me is constantly getting busier and busier. The addition of two new people that will be able to add more content to the site. I am really glad I was able to add these two people and that they were willing to join my blog.

Our first new writer is Brooke Voisine. Brook Voisine is a 18 year old athlete from Davidson, NC.

" The town of Davidson is really cool, the town is a really nice stay and envioronment. I loved growing up in Davidson, NC. The town was always great to be in, there was so much to do. The Davidson Chocolate Co. was always really nice to see and go by. They had some great products that I knew people from school liked and I liked a few of their stuff too. The Farmer's Market was also pretty interesting. I didn't really go there a whole lot but I knew it was pretty important to a few people. It's funny to think of our town as a agriculture town but that's not what I thought Davidson was known for," says Voisine.

"The Ghost Walk of Davidson was always pretty interesting. I knew a few of my friends and I went there a few times and the tour was pretty neat the first time around and now it's sorta the same song different dance when you go back. They change it a little I believe. It's really nice. The Town Cinema's were a great place to go for a movie. I know going to countless movies at times and we would be like the only ones in a movie. That was what was really cool sometimes," adds Voisine.

Well, Brooke eventually finished her junior year of high school. Then, a phone call in early October gave her life a whole new turn. The semi-professional basketball league "Junior Stellar Basketball League" or the JSBL, started. One of team's in the league ended up receiving Voisine as a scouted prospect. In early October, the Washington Mustangs offered Voisine a contract to play on their team that would start in January of 2016.

"It was incredible, I didn't know anything about the league until I got to team training camp. That was like January 10th. There was so many kids there and different teams. It was like a league assembly that first day. All the team represenetitives were there and they were telling us about the league and the plan. The league planned to pay athlete's between the age of 15-19 to play across the Central United States," says Voisine.

What got Voisine started into sneakers and gave her a little interest in the hobby was Davidson's local shoe store, Shoe Zoo. The shoe store was one that Voisine really liked. "They had lot's of stuff in there and so many shoes. It was pretty cool," adds Voisine.

" My favorite sneakers are the Nike Air Foamposite "Elephant Print". One of my teammates had them for a basketball game. That was pretty cool and I told them that I thought they were very cool. Surprisingly, my teammate said they had two pairs of them and would give me the other ones. I was hesitant but they insisted. They were pretty new condition and just a size larger than mine but they felt okay. So, I have really liked them ever since," says Voisine.

Following our addition of Voisine. Becomes our writer Seth Hinman.

Seth Hinman is a basketball player and athlete from Quinter, KS. He has started multiple of his own blogs and has played in multiple sports including Track & Field, Basketball, Football and Cross Country. The basketball sneakers are a new hobby Seth has gotten into and he has really liked the hobby since joining.

" The Jordan 4's are probably one of my favorite shoes. I like a lot of them but yeah, the Jordan 4's are probably my favorite and they are pretty cool. So that's why I find them the best. They are just that iconic sneaker that a lot of people know and like and it's one of the best Jordan models. However, I have had multiple sneakers of different brands and think that they have all been pretty good. I have owned the Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost in the Turtle Dove colorway and even the black colorway. " Seth Hinman.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment